Life as a Wife...
This post was inspired by the Very Talented Kindra Hall.
1. When I was in 1st Grade a classmate of mine told me she was related to The New Kids on the Block. I was a huge FAN! My classmate told me that she would have Jonathan (who was my favorite) come to my house and pick me up in a limo that night. I went home from school that day and waited by the window for the limo to pull up. That night my mom told me to come sit down for dinner and broke the news to me that the classmate was lying to me and she was not related to The New Kids on the Block. My first gullible moment, but not my last.
2. In 4th Grade my teacher Mrs. O'Reilly turned me onto reading by introducing me to the Book Series called The Box Car Children.
3. When I was in 8th Grade I entered a lip-synching contest at a Fair. I chose to Lip-synch to Mariah Carey’s song “Honey.” I got up on the stage with no fear and danced my little heart out singing the tunes to Mariah Carey. I was runner up to a half naked Marine who sang “I’m too Sexy for my shirt, with lots of vulgar movement.
4. I had my first Celebrity meet and greet at a Movie premier in college. My roommate Jill and I received free passes on campus to view the movie Hot Chick at a local theater in down town Tempe, AZ. After the movie we had the opportunity to meet and have photos taken with Rob Schneider and Anna Ferris.
5. I hate Scary Movies. I’ve never seen the movie Exorcism and I never intend to.
6. The first Concert I ever went to was NSYNC.
7. One of my favorite quotes is “Why are you Trying so hard to fit in, when you were born to Stand out.” From the Movie What A Girl Wants. When I moved from Japan to the States Sophomore year of high school I had some great fashion and awesome clothes from stores overseas. In 2000 I moved back when Abercrombie and Fitch clothes were popular. I got rid of all of my unique clothes to fit in. I remember a friend of mines sister asking why I changed my wardrobe I had dressed so cute before. This moment was one I’ll never forget. It taught me to always be True to Myself.
8. My hair has been just about every color, from Blonde, brown, red, purple, and platinum, even orange. Needless to say my husband will never get bored.
9. My favorite place on earth to be is on the Beach.
10. My husband has made me a pizza snob. I never understood why he wouldn’t eat pizza in Virginia from Dominos or Papa John’s. Then I had my first slice from a pizzaria in Queens, that’s all it took. One slice and now I’m hooked.
11. In High school I was on the Poms dance squad. I use to get made fun of for making the funny faces during performances. I use to wink my eye a lot. I won an award for best facials my senior year.
12. In college I pledged the Gamma Phi Beta house at ASU. I met some of my best friends through Gamma Phi. Years Later I found out that Reese Witherspoon and Gwyneth Paltrow were Gamma Phi’s too.
13. I planned my entire Ceremony down to the second and surprised my husband during our ceremony with a story read by our closest friends and family. The look on his face was one I will never forget.
14. one of the last songs played at my wedding was from Taylor swift,” Today was a Very Tale.”
15. Growing up I use to blast my music and dance around my room in my underwear. When No one is home I still do!
15. In elementary school I asked my dad if I could wash his brand new van to make some money to go to the movies with a friend. He agreed. 2 hours later I heard my Dad yell Danielle Marie White… I knew I was in trouble... what did I do…
I had washed his Brand New Windstar van with a Green Brillo Pad. I got my butt beat for it. Later my dad apologized when he realized I didn’t know it would scratch the vehicle.
16. I hate Coffee. I hate the smell, the taste. YUCK... I know I love my husband because I still kiss him even when he has coffee breath.
17. When I was a little Girl I made my Grandfather a crown and neckless out of Leaves in his backyard. A few hours later he was rushed to the ER because I had made the Crown and necklace out of Poison Ivy. I was only 3.
18. My favorite actress is Rachel McAdams.
19. I have been told by several people that they Love my Laugh. I have a very loud and hearty laugh.
20. I love Reality TV.
21. I have kept every letter I ever received in middle and High School.
22. When I was in 7th grade I was suspended from school for writing I love Anthony in the Locker Room. I was told I had vandalized school property.
23. One of my most embarrassing moments happened when I was working at the Bamboo Club in college. I thought a friend of mine was sitting at the bar and I went up and gave his ass a grab. The guy turned around and looked at me and smiled. I was mortified it was not my friend it was someone who looked just like him. Looking back I’m able to laugh at the moment but I was so embarrassed at the time.
24. One of the meanest things I did was in elementary school. I was teased by a few guys who played basketball in the neighborhood. They would always ask me to run home and get them something to drink or eat. I don’t know why I did it. One day they threw a basketball at me and then asked me to go get them something to drink. I was mad this time. I went home got a disposable cup and filled it with water from the toilet and put ice in the cup and gave it to the guy to drink. Definitely not my proudest moments but at 13 it felt damn good.
25. I tend to Cheer for the Underdog in any competition.
I had a lot of fun remembering some of these Random Moments. Took me back. I hope I was able to get at least one laugh!